Friday, January 20, 2012

New friends in the Kitchen

I would like to show you all my new found friends in the kitchen. Drum roll.......

Lock N Lock Air, airless container When they went on sale, I bought a couple of these containers. You put the food in these containers, lock the four sides, lock the clip on the top of the lid and push air out (and you hear a sound when the air is pushed out). It is claimed that this prevents air from reaching the food and it deters the growth of bacteria. It's true, I mean I don't understand all the science behind this, but I am pretty impressed with what this container does. I saved curry leaves, coriander leaves and some mint leaves and they all stayed fresh for about 2 weeks. For the first time (and because of preserving my herbs in these containers), I haven't thrown any of the herbs into the trash bin which is a very good achievement for me. This container also has an arrow mark, which can be rotated to set the date. This gives you an idea on how old the food is, really liked this feature. This way, I don't have to write on the containers using a marker.

Bar Keepers Friend The main reason I bought this is to clean my Cookplus Charming stainless steel cookware that I bought during the Thanksgiving sale from LNL. I should say, that this is one very good product and it definitely does what it says. I was boiling some milk and thanks to my DS, i forgot that the milk was boiling and then a few minutes later, I realized that something was wrong. I went in to see the steel bowl turning to a dark (non stick coating like) thing in it. I applied BKF paste and that's when I was really impressed. I wish I had taken a BEFORE and AFTER picture just to give you an idea. Nevertheless, I would recommend this to all my friends. One thing, you have to be really careful is to wear your gloves while using this product.


No comments:

Post a Comment